**Please note that this will be my last awards related post. From this point onwards, I will continue to remain grateful for any nominations, however I will not reciprocate with a follow up post. This is to allow for focus on the artwork on my blog. Thank you for your understanding.**
A few days ago, I received a nomination from “Introverted thoughts” for The Outstanding Blogger Award, my first nomination in this category. This was shortly followed by my second and third nominations for the Liebster Award, from Parth and Dakshali Gupta. [Edit: Today I received another nomination from “Mae Flower” for the Sunshine Blogger Award]. I am humbled and greatly appreciative of their kind gestures. As always, I continue to remain grateful for the support of my fellow bloggers, whose wonderful words motivate and uplift me.
First and foremost, I would like to thank “Introverted Thoughts” for the nomination. Introverted thoughts has a beautiful blog, and her webpage is neatly organised with written work including thought-provoking articles that detail on a range of topics, from watches to nursery rhymes. If that wasn’t enough, there are also other categories on her page, consisting of exquisite pieces of poetry and some wonderful book reviews – if you are a fan of Harry Potter, her page is a must-see! Introverted Thoughts isn’t shy of a collaboration or two, so if you enjoy collaborating with other blogs, I would not hesitate to contact her. Introverted Thoughts is the most kindest soul, who writes with her heart and is very supportive of other people’s work too.
Secondly, I’d like to take the opportunity to introduce you to Parth. I am very glad to have had the opportunity to come across his blog, as I can confidently say that we quickly became very good friends, despite living in two different continents! Parth uses his blog as a means of communicating lovely and uplifting thoughts, in the form of poetry. If ever you are in need of a positive perspective on life, his blog will fulfil those requirements and take it a step further. Parth writes about a variety of topics including God, karma, finding your smile and ways to prevent anxiety and stress. Like myself, Parth has been around for a short period of time, so please check out his page and support his work:
Thirdly, I would like to thank Dakshali Gupta for her kind nomination. Dukshali is truly talented and puts her heart and soul into writing such beautiful poetry; I feel truly blessed to have come across her creations. Dukshali writes poetry in both Hindi and English, on numerous subjects including love, nature and flowers, life and inspiration. Her words are motivating, speak volumes and resonate well with the reader. Please give her blog some love and check out her page, I promise that you won’t be disappointed:
Finally, a big thanks to “Mae Flower” for my first Sunshine Blogger Award nomination. Mae Flower is genuinely a kind person who loves to write and hopes that her blog will inspire people to see the good in everything. Mae Flower loves the odd quote and isn’t afraid to post these onto her site. Her writing focusses on life and positivity and almost resembles a diary format, where she discusses her typical week, summer goals and much more.
This post will focus on the Outstanding Blogger Award, as I have done a previous post on the Liebster award.
1. Provide the link to the creator’s original award post. (Very important: see why in step 5).
This award was created by Colton Beckwith. https://coltonbeckwithrpc.wordpress.com/2020/05/08/the-original-outstanding-blogger-award/
2. Answer the questions provided.
3. Create 7 unique questions.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator nor the blogger that nominated you can be nominated.
5. At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
So, below are my answers to the questions…
INTROVERTED THOUGHTS QUESTIONS FOR HANNAH:-
1. What is the most useful lesson that someone has taught you/that you have learnt? – Good things in life do not come easy; one must put in the work to achieve what they want. The process of doing so, allows us to learn from our mistakes and better ourselves. Never give up on something if you really want it.
2. If you could eradicate any one evil forever, what would it be? – Selfishness/greed. The idea that people will put themselves over others, often for the sake of money or achieving social status. This can lead to lying, committing crimes, being unfaithful and ignorance towards other people’s feelings and needs. It has also bought about racism, sexism, wars and destruction of our planet and its creatures.
3. What is the funniest experience you have had? – I once mistook a stranger’s car for my dad’s car, opened the car door and actually sat on the passenger seat. Suddenly I saw that the driver was someone completely random, who looked very confused, so I apologised and got out of there!
4. How would you describe yourself in three words? – Friendly, passionate and hard-working.
5. What advice would you want to give to new and upcoming bloggers?–
*Go for it, blogging has many benefits. For instance, it has helped to express my thoughts and articulate myself better, in addition to being able to connect with different people around the world.
*Be original, people should like your content for what it is; don’t be afraid to write from the heart, even if your blogging style may seem “different” from others.
*The people that I have met through this platform are genuinely some of the kindest people I know, so don’t be afraid to reach out and tell someone if you like their work or if you would like to do a collaborative piece.
PARTH’S QUESTIONS FOR HANNAH:-
1. What are your hobbies? – My hobbies include travelling, reading, watching documentaries, listening to music, art, playing the keyboard, exercise, yoga, cooking, fashion and interior décor – and now blogging as well! I love meeting new people and making friends.
2. Why did you start blogging? – I wanted to use my new-found time during the pandemic to learn different things and develop myself as a person. On my list of things to do was to produce some artwork and improve my IT skills, by creating a website from scratch. I also received a few positive comments on Instagram about my artwork and was given the suggestion to put my art on a website. Thus, I decided to join the WordPress community.
3. What life lessons have you learnt from your parents? – Nothing in life is free and we must work hard to earn the things we desire in life. To be kind and treat others how we would want to be treated. To be honest and truthful. To be content with little, appreciate family and value education. To be open to criticism and learning new things from others.
4. If you have two tickets for a World Tour, who would you choose to go with? – My sister, we are very close and I consider her to be my ultimate best friend. She’s hugely into music and won’t stop singing!
5. What type of food you like? – I am quite the foodie; I love a good buttermilk chicken burger, Thai curry, pasta, falafel, Nachos, quesadillas, grilled chicken beyti kebab and Nandos (British people will understand that one). Brunch is my favourite meal of the day, I like a good egg and avocado sourdough toast or waffle. Dessert-wise, I have a weakness for a chocolate fudge brownie served with chocolate ganache and vanilla ice cream.
DAKSHALI’S QUESTIONS FOR HANNAH:-
1. Are you an Introvert or Extrovert? -I am an extroverted introvert. When I was younger, I would have definitely said that I was an introvert without any further thought. However, with age, I have become more confident and while I enjoy my introverted musings, I definitely gain satisfaction and get more out of a conversation, when I can have a healthy contribution towards it. I still enjoy listening to others and getting to know them too; no conversation should be one-sided. These days’ people are surprised when I tell them that I am an introvert!
2. What is your favourite movie and why? –10 Things I Hate about You. It’s the ultimate combination of teenage/coming of age, comedy and romance. The best thing yet is that it was made in the 90s, so it has an incredible soundtrack. It also has references to Shakespeare and “The Feminist Mystique”.
3. Who are your favourite bloggers? – I love all of the bloggers that I have had the privilege of getting to know. Each style of writing and friendship is unique and I honestly would be torn if I had to choose between bloggers.
4. What’s special about the country you live in? – I live in England, U.K. We are known for having the Queen, Harry Potter, Shakespeare and many classic reads. As well as, its universities (Oxford and Cambridge), drinking plenty of cups of tea, pubs, fish and chips, the Big Ben, red buses, black cabs and the Beatles.
5. Favourite destination outside your country? – I love Italy, for the many beautiful cities of love with wonderful views, food and fabulous weather. I also really enjoyed seeing Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon, I just remember being stunned at the views, as they are some of the best that I have seen.
MAE FLOWERS’ QUESTIONS FOR HANNAH:
1. What are your main goals in life? – To travel the world, find a life partner and eventually start a family, live a long, healthy and happy life, to have an impact on the world by contributing towards something that will bring about good change, and finally to feel accomplished in my career knowing that I am good at what I do and have achieved career progression.
2. Would you rather take a vacation on the beach or in the mountains? – That is truly a hard question for me. Although I do love the beautiful views that come with a mountain, I think that I’d opt for the beach, since this is a vacation related question and I do love my holiday strolls along the beach!
3. If your room was on fire and you had time to save one thing, what would it be? (Besides pets or family members, etc.) – My artwork. Sadly I can’t save my massive wardrobe of clothes 😦
4. What is something you would like to learn or wish you were better at? – Languages.
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world for free, where would you go? – I would love to take the time out to see Australia, New Zealand and Asia; specifically Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Bali, Sri Lanka and see more of India.
I nominate the following bloggers, as these are some of the blogs that I have enjoyed visiting and reading. Apologies if you have already received a nomination for the Outstanding Blogger Award. The decision is entirely yours regarding if you wish to participate, and if it’s a yes, then I cannot wait to hear from you and read your answers! If I haven’t nominated you, then by all means feel free to nominate yourself. You are more than welcome to!
- Didis Art Design https://didisvgp.wordpress.com/
- Blondeyonamission https://tallblondetales.com/
- Cbholganza https://cbholganza.com/
- Kimmagic https://kimayasmagic.wordpress.com/
- New Bloggy Cat https://newbloggycat.com/
- Cindy Georgakas https://uniquelyfitblog.com/
- Potter head Anya https://potterheadaanya.in/
- Arati Banstola https://aratibanstola.wordpress.com/
- Eromonsele Emmanuel https://ericotrips.wordpress.com/
- Goff James https://goffjamesart.wordpress.com/
MY QUESTIONS TO NOMINEES:
- What inspired you to write a blog?
- State your favourite quote OR Is there a book that changed your life? If so, in what way?
- What is your definition of success?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What have you learned during this pandemic?
- If you won the lottery, what would you spend that money on? (Imagine that you have won millions).
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Thank you for reading this post.